Over the past few months I have come across this brownie recipe at least a dozen times. Instagrammers (is that a word?), food bloggers I’ve followed for years, and a few friends all seem to have fallen in love with “Symphony Brownies”. I honestly don’t even know if you can count such a simple addition to box brownies as a “recipe”, but after trying them for ourselves, it is definitely a tip worth sharing.
I don’t think that I’ve ever even tried a Hershey’s Symphony bar before. Have you? They are large milk chocolate bars with almonds and toffee pieces. It actually took trips to several grocery stores to even find them. The treasure hunt was totally worth it though, because these were awesome!
Practically perfect in every way…down to their ooey gooey chocolatey core. You’ve got to give these a try and see what all of the hype is about. If you do, leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
- 1 box of Ghiradelli Brownies
- Ingredients called for on brownie mix box (typically water, oil, and egg)
- 1 large Hershey Symphony chocolate bar (I used the one with blue writing on the label, but that’s just a personal preference. These can be hard to find. I have found them at Walmart and on Amazon).
- Preheat oven according to brownie mix box specifications.
- Prepare brownie batter according to directions on box.
- Pour half of brownie batter into an 8×8 pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break Symphony chocolate bar into pieces and gently lay on top of batter.
- Pour remaining batter over chocolate bar layer and spread with spatula until top layer is smooth.
- Bake according to package directions. Keep in mind that these may need an additiona 5 minutes or so of bake time.
- Prepare for ooey gooey chocolatey deliciousness!