Looking for a creative way to use up all that candy from your trick-or-treating adventures this year? Throw your favorite leftover chocolate candy into these cookies for the perfect early November treat!
Can you believe it’s November? Thanksgiving will be here before we know it…and if there is one thing I know for sure it’s that this apple pie will be on our table for the big day. This year almost everyone on both sides of our family is coming to Alabama to share the holiday with us and get to know Baby D. We’re so excited!
This is by far our favorite apple pie. We started making this recipe during our first year in Boston and it became a tradition to bake a pie after going apple picking each year. In New England we typically made the filling with Macoun or Empire apples, but this year we tried it with honey crisps (what they had at the stores here) and it was still delicious. Come to think of it, with 15 people for Thanksgiving this year we might need to make two pies. I’m sure they’ll disappear in no time. Don’t let the holiday season go by without giving this apple pie a try.
..and now I’m rhyming. I think all of the Dr. Seuss I’ve been reading to Baby D has started to go to my head…
How cute…I mean scary are these spooky spider cupcakes? These would so fun to put together as a family and would be a tasty addition to a Halloween party. This is a quick and easy themed dessert to pull off. Hope everyone is getting excited for October. I know I am! Now to find the perfect first Halloween costume for Baby D…
- your favorite chocolate cake cupcakes (box mix or homemade)
- chocolate frosting
- chocolate sprinkles
- black string licorice or Twizzlers, cut into 2 inch strips
- Wilton eyeball candy (so much easier than trying to make the eyeballs out of candies)
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting over each cupcake.
- Quickly dip cupcakes into a bowl of chocolate sprinkles until the surface is covered.
- Set eyeball candies in place before frosting dries.
- To add legs, poke small holes in cupcakes using a bamboo stick and insert licorice legs.
- Enjoy your spooky little treat!