Mmm…baked apples and cinnamon. Is there a better flavor combination for a chilly Fall day? We made our annual trip our favorite apple orchard a few weeks ago and desperately tried dream up ways to use up all of our apples. We ended up having to toss the last few, but recipes like this delicious apple crisp are a tasty way to use up a lot of apples. Add a scoop of vanilla or butter pecan ice cream and this is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 10 cups apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 inch Pyrex lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the sliced apples in the pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples.
- Pour water evenly over all.
- Mix the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together with a fork until small clumps form.
- Crumble evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until apples are softened and crumble turns golden brown.
Recipe from: All Recipes
Note: We finally bought an apple peeler this year and highly recommend buying one. It significantly speeds up the process of cooking anything with apples.