I typically reserve butternut squash recipes for Fall, but this beautiful butternut called to me while I was grocery shopping last week and it somehow managed to jump into my cart. We roasted some of it for our favorite butternut squash pizza and made a puree with the rest to share with the baby and whip up a new recipe.
Pasta is always our favorite fallback comfort food and this dish ended up being exactly what we didn’t know we needed. Creamy, cheesy pasta goodness just can’t be beat after a long day.
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/8 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (save a few extra Parmesan shavings to top the pasta)
- 1/2 tsp sage
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh or dried parsley
- Boil butternut squash in a pot of water for 12-15 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Blend cooked butternut with an immersion blender (or other food processor/blender if you don’t own an immersion blender) to make a puree.
- In a small pot, melt butter with cream.
- Add seasonings, grated parmesan and stir until everything has incorporated into the sauce.
- Stir in butternut squash puree.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and top with shaved Parmesan and parsley.
Moore Cookin’ Original Recipe