I still can’t believe we gave up ice cream for Lent this year. We must have lost our minds 30-something days ago. While we have tried to not replace those almost nightly ice cream calories with other sweets, we finally broke down this week to make one of our fav Spring/Summer cookie combos — toasted coconut & lime white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
You seriously can’t go wrong with these. They are such a tasty tropical twist on a classic cookie. Even if you’re not a coconut fan, you should give these a try. The toasted coconut really gives the cookies the perfect texture and just a hint of extra flavor.
We’ve actually made these cookies 3 or 4 times, but they have never lasted long enough to photograph them They are that good! Make a batch of these today and just watch them disappear. They’re magical.
- 12 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled until luke warm
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 additional egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut (toasted or untoasted)
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 Tbs grated lime zest (1-2 limes)
- juice of 1/2 a lime — I like to use my trusty lime juicer
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda together in bowl. Set aside for later.
- Mix butter and sugars together until blended well.
- Add in egg, extra yolk, and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, coconut, macadamia nuts, lime juice and lime zest. Mix to distribute.
- Scoop cookie dough by the spoonful. Round dough and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are set around outer edges, but soft in the centers (about 10-12 minutes).
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling racks.
- Indulge and Enjoy!
Recipe from Our Best Bites