I was introduced to this recipe by our former next door neighbor. After our daughter was born she kindly offered to bring us a meal. She showed up to our door with her crockpot and this dish.
With a few minor adjustments, this has become a favorite in our house — well, maybe not with the kids quite yet. They usually get quesadillas on the nights we make it. We keep this one on a monthly rotation and love having dinner hot, ready and waiting for us. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes & green chiles (mild Rotel), drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (typically we use frozen)
- taco seasoning (amount as desired)
- 1.5-2 cups shredded cheese
- corn tortillas
- Cook ground beef.
- Add in taco seasoning, tomatoes, black beans, and corn).
- In crockpot, layer meat mixture, cheese, and tortillas.
- Continue layering, ending with a light layer of the meat mixture on top. Sprinkle on a little cheese to finish.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Optional: Serve with avocado or sour cream.