This breakfast casserole can feed a crowd…or at least cover your family’s breakfasts for a few days. We ate the casserole by itself for the first couple of days and then transitioned to rolling up a slice of the casserole in a tortilla for quick breakfast tacos on the go the next couple of days.
This dish was cheesy and full of potato-y (Can we just go ahead and make that a word? ) goodness. With tasty turkey sausage, just enough egg, and a few seasonings, we absolutely loved this egg and potato breakfast bake and will definitely be throwing it into our regular rotation on busy weeks.
Give this easy breakfast casserole recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 20 ounces frozen Ore-Ida Diced Potatoes
- 1 pound turkey sausage (or breakfast sausage of choice), cooked
- 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice), grated
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish (I used a 9 x 13 glass Pyrex) with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season potatoes with seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and heat in a skillet until mostly cooked through (the potatoes will continue cooking after the casserole has been assembled and placed in the oven).
- Prepare sausage until cooked through.
- Combine sausage and potatoes and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and combine with half & half and half of the shredded cheddar. Pour over the sausage and potatoes. Top with additional shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes. Remove from oven when casserole is set, cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow casserole to rest for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!