I almost hesitate to even call this a recipe because it is so ridiculously simple.I suppose if you want to be fancy you could make your own BBQ sauce from scratch to take it to the next level…but I kind of love taking the lazy approach from time to time when life gets a little extra crazy.
A jar of your favorite BBQ sauce, a couple of chicken breasts, a few seasonings for extra flavor and a crockpot are all you need to make a tasty dish that can be transformed into a number of awesome meals. A true leftover marvel!
Some of our favorite ways to use leftover crockpot barbecue chicken include:
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches:
- BBQ Chicken + Storebought fancy hamburger buns from the bakery
- BBQ Chicken Bakers:
- BBQ Chicken + Baked potato with butter and cheese (or whatever your heart desires)
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas:
- BBQ Chicken + Simple Cheese Quesadilla (or an Avocado & Cheese Quesadilla — Mmm…)
On to the Recipe…
To make the BBQ Chicken you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed (you’ll need to increase the amounts of these ingredients for larger families)
- 1 cup prepared BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place chicken breasts in a crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred meat to desired consistency.