And so another week begins…last week was jam-packed with University stuff for the hubby, doctors appointments, errands that absolutely had to be run and so much more. We’re really looking forward to a bit of a recovery week this week.
We scored some beautiful squash (zucchini, yellow squash, and butternut…Oh My!) this weekend at the farmers market downtown, so this week’s meal plan is all about enjoying comfort foods while incorporating lots of veggies.
- Monday: Eggplant Parmesan Stacks w/Broccoli
- Tuesday: Taco Zucchini Boats
- Inspired by this recipe
- Wednesday: Pesto Alfredo Gnocchi w/Roasted Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- Thursday: Teriyaki Chicken w/Veggie Stir-fry
- Friday: Pizza Night!
- Saturday: Pumpkin Pancakes (1st of the season!), Hot Dogs, Butternut Pasta
- Sunday: Leftover Pancakes, Lemon Garlic Chicken w/Grilled Veggies
- Dinner inspired by this recipe
- For the freezer: Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- We bought a stand-up freezer for the garage after moving into our new house a couple months ago. I’ve made it my little mission to make the most out of that purchase and decided that it would be a good idea to always keep 2 or 3 emergency meals in the freezer for those extra crazy weeknights when nothing is going right, the toddler tantrums are in full swing and all you want to do is just give up and order an overpriced, mediocre pizza. Does anyone else have those nights?
- Anyway…we had some extra ground beef on our hands after making our taco soup recently, so I decided to go with making a simple beef stroganoff casserole for the freezer this week.
What’s on your menu this week? I’d love to know, so leave a comment below!