I’ve been sharing our weekly meal plans from time to time on the Moore Cookin’ Instagram, but it finally dawned on me that I should be sharing them on here too. I’ve been inspired by too many other food bloggers meal plans to not share. You never know when your little old meal plan of family favorites could save someone from their very own dinner rut.
I used to think that meal planning looked like too much work and that it would take all of the fun out of cooking if I had a plan laid out. Over months of meal planning for a couple of weeks and then falling off the wagon — off and on and off and on again, I can definitively say that I love meal planning!
The work you put into it is totally worth it and I love not having to rack my brain to figure out something to make for dinner when it’s a half hour before we’re supposed to be eating, I’m exhausted after a full day’s work and my almost 2 year old is throwing a tantrum or trying to climb the kitchen table again. In those moments I just want to give up and say “That’s it! Chicken nuggets for all!”. Meal planning makes for far fewer of those nights and I am all for that!
Even if you don’t stick to making each meal the night that you planned, at the very least you have 5-7 options for dinner and all of the groceries to make those dishes sitting in your pantry and fridge. You won’t be left staring at fridge or pantry of randomness with no clue what you could possibly make.
If you’re worried about things getting boring, leave a day open without a meal and mind. A meal plan has to be flexible. I often leave Saturday open so that I can pick up whatever we decide to make at the store that day. It’s also nice to not have to worry about leftovers, so Saturday nights tend to work best for us. Just do what works best for you.
And finally, on to this week’s meal plan…
- Monday: Grilled chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
- Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Planning to make our own take on this 30-minute chicken tortilla soup recipe and hopefully post here on the blog this week
- Wednesday: Eggplant Pizzas with spinach salad
- Inspired by this baked eggplant recipe
- Thursday: Tacos with Spanish rice
- Friday: Going out to dinner at Chuy’s Tex-Mex to celebrate closing on the new house! YAY!!
- Saturday: Bruschetta Pasta
- Making our own creation for this one. Stay tuned to see if it makes it on the blog!
- Sunday: Homemade Corn Dogs
- Inspired by these from Farmhouse Rules
Happy Meal Planning everyone! What’s on your menu this week? I’d love to hear what you have planned or what meal planning resources you can’t live without. Leave a comment below!