Love is in the air! We’re enjoying celebrating holidays with our little toddler this year and Valentine’s Day is no exception. We’ve loved the classic Oreo Truffles for years, but decided that it would be fun to put a lovely little twist on the recipe for a special Valentine’s Day treat this year.
You can use any festive cookie cutter to shape your truffles. We opted for hearts and X’s so we could make “XOXO”. These were too cute and super fun to make together. Let the little ones take on sprinkle duty and they’ll absolutely love it!
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 package white almond bark (or white chocolate)
- heart shaped sprinkles
- Crush Oreos until crumbs are small and fine.
- Mix Oreo crumbs with softened cream cheese until blended smooth and thick.
- Roll out the Oreo and cream cheese “dough” mixture onto a smooth surface to desired thickness.
- Use festive cookie cutters to cut out truffles. Combine scraps together and roll out “dough” again to cut more shapes.
- Place cut-outs on wax paper.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Melt almond bark in a double boiler (or microwave if you prefer).
- Drop truffles one at a time into almond bark to coat.
- Top with fun sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until coating hardens or pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up the process if you’re in a hurry.
Happy Valentine’s Day from the Moores!