It’s here! It’s here! The unofficial start of Fall…at least here in the Moore house. I always hate to see summer go, but as soon as the new school year starts up (we live by the school schedule again now that we have a professor in the house), I am full-on ready for Fall.
Now that we live in the South again, it will be awhile before the cozy sweater weather of Fall sets in. Until then, we might have to crank the air conditioning and pretend that it’s cold enough to warrant breaking out the mugs for warm apple cider.
Baby D is still pretty young this year, but I can’t wait to share all of our Fall family traditions with him this year. I always love the holidays, but everything is even more exciting when you get to experience them through your child’s eyes. I just know he’s going to love it!
A Few Things That I’m Looking Forward to This Season:
- Break out the Fall Candles. My favorites this year are Pumpkin Pecan Waffles & Caramel Pumpkin Swirl from Bath & Body Works.
- Bake batch upon batch of our favorite Pumpkin Brownies.
- Sip warm apple cider in the backyard.
- Go Apple Picking! I finally found a local orchard to continue our New England tradition of apple picking.
- Make an Apple Crisp with our freshly picked apples.
- Attempt to re-create the magical Honey Pot Hill Orchards Apple Cider Donuts.
- Paint nails with the perfect grey shade for Fall — Chinchilly by Essie.
- Visit the Pumpkin Patch again this year. Last year we found the perfect farm for making pumpkin picking memories, complete with a hayride out to the actual pumpkin patch to choose your pumpkin.
- Host a Pumpkin Carving Party.
- Design our Monster Window. Each year we come up with a new design for silhouette monsters to go in our front windows.
- Plan/Make our Halloween Costumes.
- Watch Hocus Pocus…and pretty much have our own little Quote-Along showing.
- Let the Husband visit a Haunted House. One of us is way too much of a scaredy cat to set foot in one of those places.
- Take Baby D Trick or Treating and pass out candy to all of the adorable trick or treaters that stop by our place.
- Make Trick or Treat Cookies again with leftover chocolate candy.
- Bring out the Pilgrim Pair salt & pepper shakers to usher in November.
- Thanksgiving meal planning before sharing the feast with family.
Happy September! Hope everyone finds a way to enjoy a little bit of Fall fun this month. You better believe we will be doing a little bit of early Fall decorating for Friday date night this week. Just a little…