I honestly don’t know why it has taken me so long to share this breakfast quesadilla recipe with you. This has been one of our favorite breakfast, brunch…and sometimes even dinner dishes for years. These are everything that you know and love about quesadillas with a breakfast flare. And added bonus — they’re great for breakfasts on the go.
This time we took the plain, classic egg and cheese quesadilla approach, but feel free to mix it up and add your favorites to the filling. We love to throw in turkey bacon or sometimes avocado. The possibilities or endless!
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- other desired fillings (bacon, peppers, avocado…the possibilities are endless)
- Spread a thin coating of butter on one side of the flour tortillas.
- Prep your filling ingredients. (cook the bacon, shred the cheese, saute peppers, etc.)
- Beat eggs and season as desired. Pour into skillet on medium-high heat and cook until eggs are done. You can either scramble eggs or cook them in a single layer like you would for an omelette. Set aside.
- Lay tortilla butter-side down in the skillet. Sprinkle half of tortilla with cheese.
- Add a portion of the cooked egg on top of the cheese. Add filling ingredients and sprinkle a little additional cheese on top for good measure.
- Fold half of tortilla over to cover the filling. Flip to cook other side. Both sides should be slightly crispy and light golden brown in color.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for a minute.
- Grab that quesadilla and enjoy a taste of breakfast heaven.
Moore Cookin’ Original Recipe