Summer has definitely arrived a little early here. If the weather hasn’t warmed up wherever you call home, I’m sure it will soon. Now’s the time to start stocking up on ice cream and other cold treats. I fully support any and all reasons to fill those summer days with ice cream, popsicles, and no-bake desserts.
Last Fall we impulse bought a set of popsicle molds while wandering through Home Goods. Ever since, I’ve been dreaming up all kinds of popsicle concoctions and just waiting for the warm weather to give us the excuse to break them in.
These root beer float popsicles are the perfect pops to kick off summer. Easy to make and perfect to share with family and friends on a hot afternoon. Happy Summer ya’ll!
- chilled root beer
- softened vanilla ice cream
- popsicle molds (we have the Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds)
- Before you start making the popsicles, get your root beer ice cold and soften the vanilla ice cream by placing a bowl of it in the fridge.
- Alternate layers of ice cream and root beer in the mold, freezing for approximately 15-20 minutes in between each layer to set.
- Insert Sticks and freeze overnight.
- Run mold under warm water for a few seconds (if needed) to release popsicles from the mold.