Happy Thursday! Has anyone else hit that mid-week slump that makes coming up with yet another family crowd-pleasing dinner seem like a daunting task?
Before you pick up that phone to order takeout, you have to give this beef and broccoli dish (I threw in a few snow peas…because…why not?) a try. This was a million times better than any Chinese takeout that we’ve ever ordered. It’s super easy to throw together and ready in under half an hour. I have a feeling that the sauce for this dish would be tasty in all kinds of stir fry combos. So many possibilities…
Just trust me and try this one first…pretty please. Yes, I said “pretty please”. It’s so good that it has me begging you to try it.
- 1/2 pound lean flank steak, sliced very thin against the grain
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1-2 medium-sized heads of broccoli, cooked until just tender
- a handful of fresh snow peas (optional)
- long grain white rice (cooked according to package instructions)
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Pour half the liquid over the sliced meat in a bowl and toss with hands. Reserve the other half of the liquid. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add snow peas and broccoli and stir for a minute. Set aside veggies on a plate.
- Bring the pan up to high heat again. Add half the meat mixture, leaving most of the marinade behind in the bowl.
- Spread out meat as you add it to pan and let sit for a minute or two (without stirring) to brown the meat. Turn meat and cook for another minute. Remove to a clean plate.
- Repeat with other half of meat, allowing pan to get very hot again first. After turning it, add the first plateful of meat, the rest of the marinade, and the broccoli and snow peas.
- Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Check seasonings. Let mixture sit for a couple of minutes while it thickens and cools slightly.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman