This cheesy baked dish starring cauliflower packs a powerful mac and cheese flavored punch for your taste buds. No, really. I mean it. I had my doubts that this recipe would be anything more than your typical cauliflower or broccoli with cheese sauce…but I could not have been more wrong. I swear this has to be the closest to tasting like creamy mac and cheese that a vegetable has ever come. We gobbled it down for dinner last night…as our main course! There are very few vegetarian, low-carb (at least sans pasta or bread) recipes that we tend to make as a main course.
This cauliflower mac and cheese has quickly founds it’s way into our tummies and favorite recipe collection. Even if you’re not a cauliflower fan, this cheesy goodness may have the power to change your mind. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Place in a large pot and cover the cauliflower with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry between paper towels to absorb extra moisture.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread cooked cauliflower out evenly in baking dish.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small pot. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth. Add salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and whisk until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat, pour over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and a sprinkling of Panko breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes. Serve.
Recipe from The Keto Kitchen