Kyle has been craving BBQ for a couple weeks now, so we finally broke down and made this BBQ chicken baked potatoes last night. They were a HUGE hit!! I popped the baked potatoes in the oven and made the barbecue chicken in the crockpot, which was super easy and almost hands-free meal prep (a huge bonus when you’re taking care of a little baby all day). I have a feeling these will be making it into our regular dinner rotation.
Next time you have a hankering for dinner at your local BBQ joint, save the money and cozy up on the couch with your loved ones and a couple of these bakers. Oh and throw the leftover chicken in a bun for a BBQ chicken sandwich the next day. It’s the dish that keeps on giving…
- 2 baked potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed (more if you’re feeding a larger family)
- 1 cup store bought BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Wrap Russet baking potatoes in tin foil and place in 400 degree F oven for 2 hours.
- Prepare baked potato as you like it with butter, cheese, etc.
- Shred BBQ chicken and top prepared baked potatoes.
Moore Cookin’ Original Recipe