It’s that time of year again — when I know it is way too early to start decorating but I can’t stop the excited little kid voice in my head from screaming “The holidays are coming. The holidays are coming!”. I love the holidays…and while it may be too soon to start putting out the pumpkins and sipping on cider, you can’t stop a girl from planning.
I’ve been working on a Fall bucket list to keep us busy and make the most of the season despite our inevitable longing for a beautiful New England Fall like last year’s (shown above). Here’s what I’ve come up with so far, but I am always open to more ideas. 🙂
Things to do:
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Go to a Local Farmers Market
- Design our first Fall Mantle
- I’m a little too excited that our new rental has a fireplace and mantle to decorate (our first in 6 years of marriage).
- Attempt making a DIY Fall Burlap Banner for said mantle
- Try the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen (early in the season before apple cider drinking begins).
- Decorate the front porch
- Thinking of making these pumpkin flower pots
- Plan our Halloween Costumes (and Baby D’s first costume…eek!)
- Watch Hocus Pocus
- Listen to Pandora’s Halloween stations
- Every year in October Pandora puts out a few Halloween holiday genre stations. A couple of my personal favs are the Halloween Party and Grim Grinning Ghosts station I made last year.
- Design and put up this year’s Monster Windows
- Carve Pumpkins
- Buy Candy for the Trick or Treaters that we never have…and proceed to eat it ourselves
- Sip Warm Apple Cider
- Paint Fall Leaves cards to send to friends and family
Food I want to make (Love Fall flavors!):
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Butternut Squash Pizza & Pasta Creations
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Gingerbread Mummy Cookies (inspired by these)
- Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Fritters
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple/Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
I can’t wait to start tackling it and create new memories as a family of three. Baby D may not remember our holiday efforts this year, but he’ll have some insanely cute photos to look back on one day.