We have fallen head over heels for this Greek marinade. It is fresh tasting, super simple and quick to throw together on a busy weeknight. Serve with a couple of sides for dinner and slice the leftovers to go with a salad for lunch the next day. To be honest, it’s not the most attractive of dishes, but don’t hold that against it because this marinade is packed with flavor and will make this chicken melt in your mouth. So good!
Grab the ingredients the next time you’re grocery shopping and save them for the next night you find yourself in need of a quick prep dinner and starting to reach for the phone to order a pizza.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 bunch of fresh parsley (or dried if you don’t have fresh on hand)
- salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl stir all marinade ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Place raw chicken in bowl, making sure it is covered in the marinade. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Either grill chicken or bake chicken at 375 degrees until cooked through (about 35-40 min).
Adapted from: Budget Bytes