Pretend (like it’s not 85 degrees outside) Fall Sunday morning breakfast at it’s finest. We’re easing our way into Fall this year and these gingerbread pancakes were the perfect recipe to start off the season. These are a little more on the cakey side of the pancake spectrum, but the flavor from the spices was spot on. If you prefer a fluffier pancake, try incorporating the same spices into your favorite dry mix. Enjoy and Happy Fall Ya’ll!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate (larger) bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla extract and molasses.
- Slowly add the water to the wet ingredients, stirring to incorporate.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined ( a few lumps are okay).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls (I used a 1/3 cup measure) onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry.
- Using a spatula, flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe from All Recipes