Feeling too overwhelmed by work, kids, errands, chores, and that never-ending to do list to worry about making a homemade dinner? This is a great recipe that has quickly become our go-to marinara sauce.
A batch of this marinara is super easy to throw together in your Crockpot. Let it cook away while you take care a few things on that to do list and you’ll have not only a great dinner in a few minutes, but an extra jar of marinara for the fridge, and a couple Ziploc bags worth of sauce in the freezer for those crazy busy weeknights. Love love love this recipe…and pretty much anything that speeds up getting dinner on the table during the week.
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/3 lb cooked ground beef (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the ground beef.
- Place all ingredients (including beef if you want to make a meat sauce) into your Crockpot. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Secure lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hrs.
- Remove Crockpot lid, give the sauce a final stir, and remove the bay leaves.
- The recipe possibilities with this sauce are endless…So enjoy!
Recipe from Budget Bytes