We’re kicking off Fall with this delicious soft and chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. These taste like Fall and reminded me that it’s about time to make a batch of my fav pumpkin chocolate chip brownies soon! These cookies are bound to become a family favorite. And they have oatmeal in them, so they’re healthy…right?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats (oatmeal)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or place silicone baking mat on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt) and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until well creamed together.
- Add in wet ingredients (pumpkin, egg and vanilla) and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in your oats. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir to combine again.
- Drop cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 14-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Be careful to not overcook these. They will firm up as they cool, but these are definitely a softer cookie.
Recipe from Family Fresh Meals