It’s here!!! One of my favorite days of the year because it involves starting to decorate for a holiday. I love pulling out all of the fall leaf garland, pumpkin and owl decorations to dress up the house. And what better way to kick the fall season off this year than with a tasty stack of pumpkin french toast sticks! Happy Fall!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 slices of bread (I chose to cut each piece into sticks this time, but it is entirely up to your own preference)
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar (optional)
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture on both sides and grill in a pan until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minute per side.
- Top with maple syrup and enjoy!
Recipe from: Closet Cooking