Before moving to Boston I never had to plan meals around the season and whether or not a dish required turning on the oven…but oh how the times have changed. Back in April or May of this year I began frantically searching for no bake recipes to enjoy during the summer. Keeping the house as cool as possible quickly becomes priority numero uno each summer.
Thankfully a close friend passed along this recipe for crockpot taco soup and it became an instant hit in our house. It has a little heat to it, but if you like spice give this recipe a try!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 can Rotel or Mexican-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Frito corn chips (optional–although I’ve been told that this is a must)
- Brown meat and drain. Add to crockpot.
- Add all other ingredients to the crockpot without draining.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Top with corn chips, cheese, sour cream, or whatever your taste buds desire.