This dish quickly made it into our favorite fish recipes several years ago, so it’s high time that I posted it here on the blog! I love using fresh-caught white fish for this…however frozen tilapia will do in a pinch and the flavor from the seasoning will dress up even the blandest of fish.
The original recipe calls for pan frying the fish in olive oil. This time we decided to keep things simple and bake it. However you choose to cook it this dish is a winner. Tasty, filling, and much healthier than our usual fare around here. Score!
- tilapia fillets (approx. 1 lb) — or other white fish of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 lemon (for squeezing over the fish)
- cooking spray
- Combine chili powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl.
- Squeeze lemon over fish. Then dredge fillets through the spice mixture to coat.
- Spray Pyrex or oven-safe baking dish with cooking spray or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place chili-rubbed fillets in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes until fish is cooked through, white and flaky.
Recipe adapted from: EatingWell Chili-Rubbed Tilapia