These creamy, spicy little stuffed mushrooms make the perfect appetizer for your next party or get together with friends. We enjoyed them all to ourselves before making one of our favorite Tex-Mex dishes. These little guys are super easy to make and pack a powerful punch of flavor.
- 20-24 baby bella mushrooms
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce ( I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- any extra toppings you would like: sour cream, salsa, green onion, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and gently wipe caps with damp paper towel or cloth to remove any dirt. Place into baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir cream cheese to soften. Mix in parmesan cheese, taco seasoning, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling into cleaned mushrooms.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm.
Recipe from: Lauren’s Latest | Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms