So excited for blueberries to be in season again! As soon as they started to pop up on the shelves this past week, I snapped a carton up to make these tasty blueberry muffins. I’ve had this recipe sitting on my “Recipes to Try Soon” Pinterest board for far to long and was excited to finally have the chance to make them. These muffins did not disappoint. A great breakfast on-the-go for Summer!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with liners and spray liners lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with flour mixture. (If the consistency is still too thick, add a little extra milk to thin it out)
- Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cooked through and toothpick comes out clean.