It is pizza night yet again in the Moore household. This time we decided to try to make an eggplant parmesan pizza. This one was a success! It takes a little bit of time to bread and bake the eggplant slices, but the result is so tasty and worth the time.
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese
- grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Thinly slice 1 small Italian eggplant.
- Whisk the egg and dip each eggplant slice into the egg wash.
- Place eggplant slices in a ziplock bag with the breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Place breaded eggplant slices on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- Knead and spread out the dough on your pizza baking sheet or stone.
- Top with marinara, cheeses, fresh garlic, and baked eggplant.
- Bake at 450 until golden brown (approx. 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and Enjoy!