Are these not adorable? Rice Krispie Treats have to be one of the easiest desserts on the planet to make…and super fast to throw together too. Why not jazz them up a little to make these cute rice krispie treat “nests” for all those Peeps this Easter season?
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package regular marshmallows (about 10 oz.)
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in rice krispies cereal. Stir until well incorporated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool.
- Mold rice krispie treats into round “nests”, making an indention in the center of each “nest” to allow room for the peep chick to sit.