I know that we are only a month into the new year, but I can already say that this lemon pound cake will definitely be one of our favorites from 2013. We made it one Friday night and devoured the whole loaf by the end of the weekend. I kept finding myself drawn back to it for “just one more bite” all weekend long.
This recipe makes enough for 2 loaf pans, so we decided to share one with our neighbor. The next day our neighbor stopped me outside of our house just to say that he thought that this cake was “Wicked Good!” Hence the name. If you like lemon, you owe it to yourself to make this soon.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4.3 ounce instant Lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place all cake ingredients into stand mixer and beat until well combined.
- Divide cake batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through (toothpick comes out clean.)
- Remove and set aside to cool for 15 minutes before removing the cake from the pans.
- For the icing, place powdered sugar into a large bowl. Add in lemon juice stirring until smooth and thick.
- Drizzle icing over cakes and let set for 20 minutes for a firm icing.
*This recipe was originally from Picky Palate