I’ve been thinking that there needs to be a new blog category for those occasions when there just isn’t time to set up equipment or there is absolutely no natural light to be found. In other words…posting with bad cell phone photos just has to be good enough sometimes.
This greek pita wrap is one of my favorite lunches to take to work. It just feels so fancy compared to my usual casserole or chicken & veggie leftovers. I don’t take it too often because of the time it takes to assemble in the office break room and the mountain of tupperware containers that have to be cleaned afterward. Go on and treat yourself to this for lunch one day soon. You won’t be sorry…and the dishes will even be worth it.
- pita bread
- 2-3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- spinach (or lettuce)
- 2-4 tablespoons of salad dressing (Italian, Greek, Balsamic or whatever you have on hand)
- crumbled feta
- grilled chicken (we usually do an olive oil and garlic marinade)
- Optional: tomatoes, olives, whatever your heart desires
- Warm pita bread in oven or microwave (unless you prefer your wraps cold)
- Spread greek yogurt evenly over pita bread
- Toss spinach with dressing and layer on top of greek yogurt and pita
- Place chicken in a line down the center of the pita
- Sprinkle with feta and any additional toppings
- Roll and Enjoy!