I didn’t really start cooking on a regular basis until we got married, and we have only attempted cheesecake a couple of times. I absolutely love cheesecake and think about making it all the time…but then I think about the time and effort it takes and push it off for another week…or month…or couple of months.
- 1 box brownie mix (for 8×8 inch pan)–Follow package instructions for cook time and added ingredients. (Typically you will need oil, water, and an egg.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages cream cheese (I used reduced fat), softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cans cherry pie filling (I used No Sugar Added pie filling)
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on the package.
- Spread batter in a 10″ or 12″ round spring form pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While brownie crust is baking, beat eggs, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
- When brownie is baked, immediately pour cheesecake filling on top.
- Spread carefully to edges of brownie.
- Bake 30-40 minutes more, or until cheesecake is set and firm.
- Cool for 2 hours.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
*Let cool in refrigerator to help it keep longer.)