This was one of our recipes from year one of marriage and has become our go-to easy semi-homemade banana pudding. Every once in a while it can be nice to take advantage of convenient pre-packaged ingredients. Over the past year we’ve made an effort to start cooking more with fresh ingredients and have spent much less time roaming those middle aisles of the grocery store that are chocked full of pre-packaged foods, but summer has been all about quick, convenient, and cool (aka not having to stand in front of a hot stove now that we’re living in a part of the world where centralized air conditioning isn’t as common).
- Vanilla pudding mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 box Nilla Wafers (you can try the store branded wafers, but I haven’t found any that are quite as good)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Line bottome of the baking dish with Nilla wafers in neat rows.
- Pour a layer of vanilla pudding over the wafers.
- Lay sliced bananas over the pudding.
- Continue steps 1-3 until you’ve used up all of your ingredients.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Dig in!