I originally saw these on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with the Zucchini Boat idea. These would make a great side dish to any meal, but we actually decided to make them as a main course. They were delicious and actually pretty filling as well. We made extras to have for lunch at work the next day and I was surprised to find that they were almost as good the next day (just didn’t have the slight crunch that they did for dinner). I would highly recommend these for a healthier dinner alternative or if you’re craving pizza but just can’t justify the calories. Make these tonight…they won’t disappoint!
- Medium-Large Zucchini
- Grape Tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Panko/Italian Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Just cut a zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom so it sit still in a nonstick sprayed baking dish.
- Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon.
- Brush the surface of the zucchini with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange sliced grape tomatoes into the grooves, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add mozzarella and in between the tomatoes.
- Place the zucchini boats back in the oven until the cheese is slightly golden and bubbling.
- Remove and drizzle with olive oil (optional) and a sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan.