The perfect appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday. These little puffs packed the perfect punch of pizza flavor in each bite. Have a small bowl of warm marinara on the side for dipping for a delicious bite-sized snack while you enjoy the big game. I don’t have many appetizer recipes in our permanent collections…but these are certainly making our go-to appetizer list.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup small pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir batter and divide evenly among the mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until puffed and golden (approx. 20 to 25 minutes).
- Optional: Warm some marinara sauce for dipping the puffs.