This has become one of our favorite fancy fall-back meals. This dinner started with a recipe from one of the cookbooks we received as a wedding present.
Gradually, we started to add whatever ingredients we had on hand that night until it became this Pasta Primavera free-for-all dish. We usually add zucchini, squash, and tomato. Occasionally we throw some corn in to. We’ve also added garlic, lemon juice, fresh basil, and a bunch of other ingredients I’m sure at one time or another.
Whatever we toss in, this dish never fails to satisfy and the basic Alfredo sauce never changes. We usually make a half batch of sauce to try to keep it a little healthier (no easy task when you have a recipe that calls for butter, heavy whipping cream, and a load of Parmesan). The recipe below is for the full batch of sauce. Sometimes you just need to splurge on some homemade comfort food…that’s what this dish is for us. Enjoy!
- 8 Ounces Uncooked Pasta
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- A Few Pinches of a Heavier Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (to thicken)
- Dash of Pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the butter and whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Stir in the cheese and pepper until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour sauce over hot noodles and stir until pasta is well coated.
- Add cooked veggies (optional) and give the pasta a stir again.