While on the hunt for some healthier snack options, I came across roasted chickpeas. You can add virtually any seasoning thinkable to get the perfect flavor to satisfy your current cravings. I pretty much always crave salty over sweet, so I opted for a classic salted chickpea snack.
For someone who has never met a bean that I liked (maybe with the exception of green beans), these were actually pretty tasty snack. I love that I’ve found a crunchy and salty snack to enjoy without all the guilt. I don’t think these would keep well, but they are awesome straight out of the oven.
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (approx.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with nonstick sprayed tin foil or a Silpat.
- Bake the unseasoned chickpeas at 450 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with the oil, salt, and any other seasonings you desire.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy warm.